Strategy and the New Banking Stack
Mehdi Medjaoui, Founder, APIdays
Mark Boyd, Platformable
Initially, banking APIs were a technical consideration. Then they became a regulatory requirement. Now, they are finally being recognized as a business opportunity with the key pieces all falling into place:
- Regulatory standards are defined
- Technology is available
- The business sees opportunity
- Expanding network of third parties provides partnership opportunities
- Customer expectations are rising
Now in its fourth year, the in-depth Banking APIs: State of the Market Report delves into the challenges and opportunities of banking APIs and provides critical real-world insights based on this year’s survey of fintech and banking staff and interviews with banking execs.
Read the report to learn how to advance your open banking initiatives with:
- Strategy-with-APIs: Banks need to look at their wider business goals and the overarching market of regulation, fintech, and tech giants and ask: how can APIs help us achieve our business goals?
- RISK: Banks can then focus on one niche (or microsegment) at a time to build out experiential APIs that can be shared with fintech third party providers. Banks can Rally, Invest, Steal or Kill fintech in these new ecosystems in order to build the open banking platforms of the future.
READ THE REPORT