A Celent research report
Michael Fitzgerald, September 2018
What benefits should insurers look for from API technology?
How are leading insurers using APIs?
What risks must be managed?
Download this report for answers to these questions and insights about what to expect in the next 12-18 months:
- The industry will continue to move toward an era of cocreation and competition for the seamless provision of goods and services.
- Insurers will closely observe the developments in open banking and take note of both industry and regulatory actions.
- Investment in API management platforms to control risks will increase as use increases in scope and complexity.
- Insurtech startups and incumbent technology providers have an opportunity in the small insurer market if they can determine how to economically serve firms with limited scale.
- Efforts to develop API insurance standards will continue and accelerate.